Approved Instructors are required to earn 15 hours of continuing education every two years in order to maintain certification. Continuing education hours can be earned by:
- attending traffic safety conferences such as the Pacific NW Driver & Traffic Safety Conference, Oregon Driver Training and Safety Education Association (ODTSEA), or American Driver and Traffic Safety Education Association (ADTSEA).
- taking approved continuing education classes through Chemeketa Community College (see below)
- participating in approved in-service training conducted by official providers. Other training providers should report your hours to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can scan proof of your hours and email this directly to WOU.
- participating in "refresher" WOU Traffic Safety Education training classes. Instructors wishing to earn continuing education hours in this manner
are required to make arrangements through WOU prior to the start of the
course. It is recommended that instructors complete Foundations of Traffic Safety Education. The coursework for Foundations of TSE consists of a one-day orientation followed by three weeks of online curriculum. The cost is $40, and attendees can earn up to 40 hours of continuing education. To register for continuing education by attending WOU's TSE courses, view our Schedule of Courses, then contact email@example.com to make further arrangements. Do not register for the class as a new candidate.
Chemeketa Community College Courses
Chemeketa Community College offers a variety of very affordable online continuing education courses for Driver Ed instructors. Please check out Chemeketa's website
ODOT/TSD-approved Providers offering Continuing Education
Provide WOU with documentation for any continuing education trainings sponsored by your organization. Send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Time Schedule
- List of Attendees and Hours Attended