Approved Instructors are required to earn 15 hours of continuing education every two years in order to maintain certification. You may click on this link to view your earned hours for your current certification cycle.
Continuing education hours may be earned by:
Driver Education Professional Development
Attend education courses or classes in-person or online. Participating in educational training courses is a traditional and effective way to learn. There are many outlets for these activities offered.
- PacNW Driver and Traffic Safety Conference, each Spring
- Oregon Driver Training and Safety Education Association (ODTSEA)
- ODOT Transportation Safety Conference (ODOT-TSD), each fall
- American Driver and Traffic Safety Education Association (ADTSEA)
- Other state conferences (please check in advance to ensure we will provide CE's)
- ODOT workshops or promoted opportunities
- Chemeketa Community College - online opportunities
- ADTSEA sponsored offerings
Share your knowledge and apply your skills alongside a current Trainer of Trainers by participating in WOU Traffic Safety Education Program classes or by going through the ToT Training Course.
Provider In-Service Training
Participating in approved in-service training conducted by approved providers. Provider meetings that include an educational component provide an opportunity to learn among your peers in your own work environment. Providers should provide an agenda for pre-approval prior to the training and after completion report your hours to email@example.com
Direct Driver Education training related to behind the wheel or classroom
Other Professional Development - Additional acceptable educational components must be pre-approved and include, but are not limited to: (Limited to 5 CE’s per certification cycle)
- Automation / Technology
- Other topics relevant to teen well being
Other – do you have a topic or training opportunity that doesn’t fit into the categories above? If so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss and review whether it meets the objectives of continuing education.
Note: If training is provided outside of the traditional outlets (WOU, Chemeketa CC, and the two major conferences) the number of CEs earned will be determined by WOU.