Find Child Care Oregon Update
The Find Child Care Oregon: System Update on November 16th, 2020
Oregon is improving its child care referral database. The "Find Child Care Oregon" website (www.findchildcareoregon.org) is undergoing updates to improve user experience. TRI will provide additional support, technical assistance, and training to families and partners using the database.
What benefits can I expect from the new "Find Child Care Oregon" database and website?
Whether you are a family member, child care provider, or partner, the new system will provide additional benefits and give you access to more child care information. We are looking forward to sharing the system with you. Listed below is a summary of system updates.
If you are a family or caregiver searching for child care, the system will offer:
- Improved online searches and more search options.
- More details about child care programs in your area.
- The ability to create a login, save your search results, and save to your preferred programs list.
- More detailed child care referrals by phone, text, or email from 211Info with continued support for referrals to other community resources.
If you are a child care provider or professional, the system will offer:
- Automated emails that allow you to see and update your child care program details and child care openings.
- Expanded program detail options that can be shared with families, including a description of your program, photos, and your Spark rating certificate. Your local Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) can assist you with adding this information to your profile.
- More of your program information will be available to families searching for child care online beginning November 16th, 2020.
- 211Info will be able to assist families with more specific child care referral needs with access to program information available to referral staff.
- Direct access to update your program information is scheduled for June of 2021.
If you are an early learning partner, the system will offer:
- The option to create a search account to help families in their search for child care providers.
- Limited access to system reports available in 2021.
- Data alignment with partner applications used within the child care system will be an integral part of the ongoing development of Find Child Care Oregon.
- Easier data entry and search functionality.