Oregon Early Childhood Inclusion Collaborative
This is an archived page - this project is no longer active within TRI.
OECIC is a statewide effort bringing together agencies in the early childhood system to increase inclusive opportunities and to create a system of high quality, cross-sector professional development for early childhood personnel to support inclusion.
OECIC Free WebinarsEach Webinar takes place on a Friday, 10am - 11am Pacific Time
- An Overview of Early Childhood Inclusion (View recorded webinar) - February 27, 2015
- Supporting Children with Disabilities through Oregon’s Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) - March 20, 2015
- Creating an Early Childhood Special Education(ECSE)/Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) Partnership to Support the Inclusion of Children with Disabilities - April 24, 2015
The Webinars will be recorded and will be posted on the website.
- Increasing Child Learning Outcomes through Effective Adult-Child Interactions - May 22, 2015
To increase the percentage of young children (0-5 years) with disabilities receiving services and supports in inclusive community based placements in Oregon. The Collaborative consists of a state level systems policy workgroup and a professional development work-group.
Resources for ECE Programs and Partners
Inclusion Clearinghouse:: Discover resources for establishing teams, identifying and recruiting potential placement sites, and supporting programs.
- Competencies for Inclusive Programs.
- Cost-Benefit Models of Inclusion.
- Report on a Framework for Professional Development for Inclusive Early Childhood Education and Care
- Policies and operational procedures that support inclusion are in place.
- A statewide system for professional development that supports inclusion is implemented.
- Teams of service providers are trained and are providing quality services for children in inclusive early childhood settings.