Overview of TRI's Centers and Projects
TRI focuses on three fields - Education, Health, and Human Services. Our staff are organized into four Centers, and our Grants Management Office (all listed below). We also manage the WOU Sponsored Research Office as part of the Grants Management Office. Staff at TRI work across Centers depending on the needs of our current projects. Each project that comes into TRI is assigned to a specific Center based on the project's primary requirements. All projects receive the benefits and expertise of TRI as a whole.
For more information about the current work at TRI, click on the Center icons, or any of the projects below each Center.
coordinates and provides technical assistance and services at state and
national levels to improve the lives of people who are deaf-blind, their
families, and those who serve them.
- National Center on Deaf-Blindness - NCDB
- Oregon Deafblind Project - ODB
- Communication Matrix Community
Center on Early Learning
Center on Early Learning works to improve the quality of care and education available to all young children and their families in order to promote optimal development and full inclusion.
- Quality Rating and Improvement System - QRIS
- Central Coordination of Child Care Resources and Referrals – CCCCR&R
- Promoting Inclusion in Early Childhood Educators – PIECE - (also under CEPE)
- Child Development Center
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers -- CCLC
Center on Student and Community Services
Center for Health and Human Services (CHHS) works to support public health initiatives that enhance and strengthen the health of families and communities. CHHS provides consultation, program development and evaluation for community organizations and state and national public health efforts.
- Traffic Safety Education
- Garrett Lee Smith Campus Suicide Prevention Grant
- Promoting Inclusion in Early Childhood Educators – PIECE
Center on Evaluation, Technology & Research
CREA (formerly known as ERGo) has a lengthy history of conducting quality and cost-effective evaluation and research projects for public and private agencies across Oregon, the Northwest, and nationally.
- Selected Current Evaluation/Research Projects