Facilitating Research Funding at WOU
The Sponsored Research Office (SRO), a service to Western Oregon University faculty and staff and coordinated through The Research Institute, is responsible for reviewing and submitting proposals to extramural sponsors for research, training, instructional and other activities. SRO also prepares, negotiates, and accepts agreements for projects funded by federal and state agencies, foundations, and other public and private sources.
We provide the following services:
- Identification of funding sources;
- Assistance in conceptualizing, developing, and writing proposals;
- Development of proposal budgets;
- Assistance with methodology, research design, and project evaluation; and,
- Submission of all proposals for externally funded grants, contracts, and sub-awards.
- Advice regarding the management and administration of sponsored projects;
- Monthly financial reviews, quarterly and annual reports, effort certification reports, and invoicing;
- Drafting, negotiating, executing and monitoring sub-agreements under WOU's prime awards; and,
- Overall assistance with project management.
- Interpretation of terms and conditions of awards; interpreting sponsor and university policies, and government regulations;
- Monitoring institutional compliance with government regulations and award requirements; and,
- Uniform Guidance compliance (i.e., allowable costs, purchasing, travel, reimbursements).
Sponsored Research Office(503) 838-8589 | or e-mail: email@example.com
Sponsored Research Office Services
Submit a Grant
Responsible Conduct of Research at WOU