What Are Groups?
Groups offer members of the network a set of common tools to use in collaborative work. File sharing, wikis and forums can be used by members of a group to accomplish tasks, disseminate and organize information, build engagement and improve practice.
There are 2 kinds of groups within the NCDB website: public and private.
- Any member of the site can join a public group instantly with no approval.
- Group forums, wikis, members, and materials can be viewed through site search or browsing by anyone - even visitors who are not site members.
- Public groups will be visible to all site visitors on the Connections page.
- Members may only join with group administrator approval. A user who is interested in joining a private group will need to contact the group owner directly. The process may require a few days before approval is completed thru email.
- Group forums, wikis, members, and materials WILL NOT show up in site search or through browsing to anyone except group members.
- Private groups WILL NOT be visible to site visitors on the Connections page.
On your profile page, your private groups will have a little padlock icon next to the group name.