Submit a Grant
WOU's Proposal Process
1) Contact the Sponsored Research Office early for assistance in preparing your proposal budget, obtaining up-to-date information about WOU, setting up of access for electronic submittals, and other assistance as requested. We know the university policies about effort, benefits, cost sharing, subcontracts, travel, etc. and will assist you in incorporating these into your proposal.
2) Download the SRO Manual - Managing Sponsored Research & Projects: A Quick Guide. This manual contains all the information, documents, and forms needed to submit a proposal.
4) At least three days prior to the submission deadline, complete the WOU External Funding Routing Form. This form incorporates required federal, state and WOU certifications. Prior to submittal to Sponsored Research this form must be signed by the Principal Investigator(s), Division Chair(s), and College Dean(s). If your proposal involves multiple investigators, the form must be signed by all involved divisions and colleges.
5) Only the Sponsored Research Office is authorized to sign proposals and agreements on behalf of WOU. Do not sign any submittal certifications on behalf of the institution.
6) It is your responsibility to comply with required human protections through the Institutional Review Board .
Click here to download a graphic of the proposal and grant process.